UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has recently introduced PVC based Aadhaar card. This card is easy to carry and durable. It will have a digitally signed secure QR code with photographs and demographic details that will be equipped with many security features. UIDAI says that even if your mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar card, you can order this card.
To overcome this problem the government has launched PVC Aadhaar card. PVC stands for Polyvinyl Card, which is similar in size to an ATM card. The PVC Aadhaar card can be easily carried in its wallet due to its small size. In addition, citizens can take advantage of this portable size Aadhaar card by registering on the official portal residentpvc.uidai.
Features of base PVC card
- It is more durable, convenient to carry
- Its printing quality is good and it comes with lamination
- It has the latest security features including hologram, gilloch pattern, ghost image and microtext.
- The card is completely weather-proof.
- It has embossed base logo.
- What is the charge for applying for Aadhaar PVC Card? When ordering Aadhaar PVC card, one has to pay a
- nominal fee of Rs. 50 (including GST and speed post charge).
How to request Aadhaar PVC Card at residentpvc.uidai.gov.in
- Visit https://uidai.gov.in or https://resident.uidai.gov.in first.
- Click on the ‘Order Aadhaar Card’ service. [Direct link]
- Enter your 10-digit base number (UID) or 16-digit virtual identification number (VID) or 28-digit registration ID.
- Note the security code.
- Select the registered number option to get the OTP. If the mobile number is not registered, enter an alternate number if available.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Tick ’Terms and Conditions’ after approval. (Note: Click on the hyperlink and see the details)
- Click ‘Submit’ after completing the ‘OTP’ verification process.
- After clicking on ‘Make Payment’, you will be taken to Payment Gateway, where you will have the option of Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI.
- Receipt of payment will be successful, it will have digital signature. You will receive a service request number
- via SMS. You can use this number to track the process until the card is delivered.
- Important notes for requesting Aadhaar PVC card